Have a read of some of our earlier papers.
- ‘Online branding: an antipodean experience’, Human Society and the Internet. Berlin: Springer-Verlag 2001.
- ‘Corporate responsibility and the brands of tomorrow’, The Journal of Brand Management, vol. 10, nos. 4–5, 2003, pp. 290–302. Dealing with the future of corporate social responsibility.
- ‘Branding and the international community’, The Journal of Brand Management, vol. 10, no. 6, 2003, pp. 447–57. The relevance of the international community and the shortcomings in the nation branding of the United States.
- ‘Social media in branding: fulfilling a need’, The Journal of Brand Management, vol. 18, no. 9, 2011, pp. 688–96. How social media impact on branding, in a special issue edited by Nicholas Ind and Ian Ryder.
- ‘The impact of digital and social media on branding’, Journal of Digital & Social Media Marketing, vol. 3, no. 1, 2015, on how organizations can incorporate social media to impact directly on brand equity.
For copyright reasons, we cannot share these with you on this site.
- N. Ind (ed.): Beyond Branding: How the New Values of Transparency and Integrity are Changing the World of Brands. London: Kogan Page 2003. Jack Yan was one of the co-authors, on the topic of the ‘brand manifesto’ and how branding will shape itself in the coming 10 years. See beyond-branding.com. Second printing in 2004, then paperback in 2005.
- J. Yan: Typography and Branding. Christchurch: Natcoll Publishing 2004. Detailing the connections between typography and branding and where they will lead in the future.
- N. Kumar and A. Varma (eds.): Nation Branding: Concepts and Cases. New Delhi: ICFAI Press 2009. Contributor: ‘Poised for Success: the Indian Brand Prepares Itself for the 21st Century’.
- N. Ind and S. Horlings (eds.): Brands with a Conscience: How to Build a Successful and Responsible Brand. London: Kogan Page 2016. Jack Yan opened the book with a case study on Dilmah Tea. His chapter can be read at Kogan Page’s website.
- P. Mihailovich and C. Taylor: Haute ‘Luxury’ Branding. Paris: Librinova 2021. Jack Yan contributed the foreword to this comprehensive guide to luxury branding.
- Medinge Group, an international think-tank on humanistic branding